Caerphilly Tennis Club will be hosting a Family Quiz Night on Saturday 2nd December from 6pm to 9pm for players and their families. The quiz will feature questions for all ages and on various subjects so you can test yourself against our quizmaster plus other teams!
We have spaces for 12 teams to enter, with each team consisting of 4-6 players. If you can’t get 4-6 people together to make a complete team then join forces with other players/families or let us find you a team on the night! There will be a prize for our winning quiz team as well as a raffle also taking place during the evening. The entry fee is £3 for children and £5 for adults, with this covering event costs and any surplus going to our fund for a new storage locker.
Spaces are allocated on a first come first serve basis so book your place now by contacting CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on email@example.com or 07891 640642. And as always, stay up to date by interacting with the CTC social media channels.
– We will be hosting a Junior Halloween Party on Saturday 28th October from 5pm to 7pm. The spooktacular evening will be our 4th and final Benenden Tennis festival of 2017, as supported by the LTA with a special event pack. Open to all Junior players (5-18 years old), there will be lots of tennis action, some Halloween games and food! Fancy dress is optional, but there will be a prize for best costume. We are asking players and their parents to donate 6 themed cupcakes, again with the best entry winning a prize. These will be served alongside hot dogs and sweets for all attendees. Event fee: CTC members £4, non-members £6. If you would like to attend, please inform Head Coach Jon before Friday 27th October so we know how many to cater for in terms of food and activities.
– After a bumper summer holidays filled with 14 day camps, they will return on Wednesday 1st November and Friday 3rd November. Running from 10am to 3pm, they are a perfect blend of tennis coaching, games and matchplay as well as other sports/activities for 6 to 14 year olds. Players should dress appropriately for the weather and must bring food and drink for the day. We have a small tuck shop for treats too.
Price per camp: CTC members £7, non-members £9. Payment via cash or cheque (made payable to Caerphilly Tennis Club). Spaces are limited and so advise you book in advance to guarantee your child a place. This can be done by printing, completing and handing in the booking form, by contacting CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the CTC social media platforms. Please read the CTC Mini Tennis Camp Booking Terms and Conditions before booking.
– And as always, our weekly coaching schedule will continue alongside Ystrad Tennis sessions which will run as normal on both Saturdays during half term.
To stay up to date with all of our camps, coaching and general Club news ensure you interact with the #CTC social media sites – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
CTC are excited to announce that our Ystrad Tennis outreach programme will return indoors to Sue Noake Leisure Centre for winter 2017, starting Saturday 30th September! Running weekly until 16th December, our Mini Tennis sessions will allow those who played at the park through the summer to continue and also provide an opportunity for new players to try tennis during the winter.
As is now customary for our winter programme, the sessions will be as follows:
Mini Red (5-8 years old) 11am – 12pm,
Mini Orange (8-10 years old) and Mini Green (10-12 years old) 12pm – 1pm.
We have again secured funding for the hall hire meaning sessions will remain just £2 per player. We provide all equipment (rackets, balls and nets) but encourage players to dress appropriately and to bring a drink.
Please contact our Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or email email@example.com before attending to ensure we have spaces in the session. And make sure you connect with the CTC social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook plus Instagram to stay up to date with the latest #YstradTennis news.
The committee of Caerphilly Tennis Club are excited to announce that Judy Murray will be visiting us on Tuesday 10th October from 6pm to 7:30pm! The evening will include the official reopening of our 6 newly repainted tennis courts and our soon to be renovated clubhouse alongside a fun, family based competition.
Many will know Judy Murray as the mum of British Tennis stars Andy and Jamie or for her stint on Strictly Come Dancing, but she is leading the revolution of coach education for the LTA alongside her own projects including TennisOnTheRoad, SheRallies, Miss-Hits and a new book.
*Update 24/09/2017 – members have been invited to book their spaces, whether playing or spectating, while players on our coaching programme have been given the chance to signup as members and book on this coming week.
**Update 01/10/2017 – non-members on our coaching programme now have the chance to signup for the limited playing spaces left. Spectator spaces remain open for non-members and their families to book too.
For more information or to book your place, please contact CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTC are excited to announce that we will be hosting a free afternoon of tennis on Saturday 2nd September, from 3pm to 6pm, to reopen our newly repainted courts!
You will be able to play tennis for free with family and friends as well as being ab,e to test yourself against our ball machine. You will also be able to find out more about what we offer at the Club whether it’s coaching lessons, matchplay and social sessions, Family Fun Fridays or special events. Refreshments will be available all afternoon from our tuck shop with a BBQ also being held. We will also be holding a raffle with some fantastic tennis and non-tennis items as prizes as well as offering attendees 50% off membership for the remainder of 2017/18 the season so you can continue to play tennis with CTC.
Make sure you keep an eye on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more information on this event, further updates on phase 1 of our Club Development Project as well as general club news. If you have any questions then please contact CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or email@example.com.
*Update – due to the poor weather in recent weeks, the painter has been delayed in his work on our 3 back courts which means they will unfortunately not be playable for this special event.
The twenty sixth edition of the club newsletter, which looks back at May and June 2017, has been uploaded here. Copies are also available to view in the clubhouse.
This edition looks back at our recent open days at CTC as well as our Summertime Slam event and Tennis For Kids courses. There is also an update on our Club Development Project. And as always it includes a list of important upcoming dates and events, as well as news from the wider tennis world.
All editions of the newsletter will be uploaded to the Club Newsletter page.
– Our weekly coaching schedule at CTC will continue throughout the six weeks. This includes Family Fun Fridays and our new Junior Matchplay session. Our Ystrad Tennis Outreach Programme will also run for the duration of the summer holidays.
– Our ever popular day camps will return for 15 dates this summer! Running from 10am to 3pm, they are a perfect blend of tennis coaching, games and matchplay as well as other sports/activities for 6 to 12 year olds. Players should dress appropriately for the weather and must bring food and drink for the day. We have a small tuck shop for treats too.
Price per camp: CTC members £7, non-members £9. Payment via cash or cheque (made payable to Caerphilly Tennis Club). Spaces are limited and so advise you book in advance to guarantee your child a place. This can be done by printing, completing and handing in the booking form, by contacting CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the CTC social media platforms.
– And after it’s successful return during May half term, our Teens Masterclasses will return for 5 dates this summer too! These additional sessions will have a specific focus each week and include traditional coaching methods and point play alongside varied practices with our ball machine, speed gun and video analysis.
Price per session: CTC members £5, non-members £7. Spaces are limited and so advise you book in advance to guarantee your child a place. This can be done by printing, completing and handing in the booking form, by contacting CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan on 07891 640642 or at email@example.com or via the CTC social media platforms.
To stay up to date with news from our coaching programme, our Mini Tennis camps and Teens Masterclasses as well as general Club news, ensure you interact with the #CTC social media sites – Twitter, Facebook plus our new Instagram!