In recent year, the Club and our coaches and volunteers have all received many nominations, runner ups and even won various awards as listed below.
The Club has also received regional press coverage on many occasions and even a TV interview in this time.
- Tennis Wales Club of the Year – 2019 Winner, 2018 Winner, 2017 Finalist.
- CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan – Coach of Year Winner 2019, 2020 Finalist and 2015 Finalist.
- CTC Tennis Leader Jonah Jones – Young Volunteer of Year 2019 Winner.
- CTC Adult Representative Ceri Simpson – Adult Volunteer of Year 2019 Finalist.
- LTA Club of the Year – 2020 Finalist, 2019 Runner-Up.
- CTC Tennis Leader Jonah Jones – Young Volunteer of Year 2020 Winner.
- CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan – Coach of Year 2020 Finalist.
- Benenden Tennis Festival Venue of Year 2016 Finalist.
- Sport Caerphilly Club of the Year – 2019 Finalist, 2018 Finalist.
- CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan – Community Coach of Year 2018 Winner and 2016 Winner.
- CTC Adult Representative Ceri Simpson – Over 18 Volunteer of Year 2019 Finalist.
- CTC Tennis Leader Jonah Jones – Young Volunteer of Year 2019 Finalist.
Other notable awards/achievements
- CTC Assistant Coach Daniel Bray – Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations (GAVO) Young Volunteer of Year 2019 Runner-Up.
- CTC Head Coach Jonathan Morgan – Tennis Connect Wales’ first #UnstrungHero in 2015 for work in schools and offering tennis opportunities within deprived areas.
- CTC raised £660 for Velindre Cancer Centre in March 2015, as Head Coach Jon took part in a 25-hour tennis-thon to mark the Club’s 25th anniversary! (Caerphilly Observer Feature, Caerphilly Campaign Story.)
Other media coverage
- Head Coach Jon receives UK-wide coverage for his lockdown content and activities – MailOnline, March 2021.
- CTC’s community work in schools, parks and leisure centres gets praise from Tennis Wales – Caerphilly Observer, January 2017.
- Head Coach Jonathan Morgan gets further praise for his schools programme by Tennis Connect Wales – Caerphilly Observer, November 2016.
- Head Coach Jon was interviewed by Tomos Dafydd at BBC Wales Today in June 2015 to discuss his schools work ahead of Wimbledon.