Caerphilly Tennis Club are very proud to have been named Tennis Wales’ Club of the Year 2018 at the annual awards ceremony on Saturday 26th January in Ewloe.
We believe this award is testament to the continual efforts of our committee and volunteers in addition to the amazing support and enthusiasm from our members and their families, our wider player base, visitors, supporters and partners! Thank you all.
- Membership has grown to 122, a high not seen in a decade and 250% increase in 2.5 seasons, while an additional 137 non-members played regularly at CTC in 2018!
- Our weekly programme grew to 21 coach-led lessons, plus 3 Adult Social nights, which saw 194 players regularly access them. We also expanded our Family Fun Fridays initiative with our new and innovative Family Skills & Fitness session, with 192 participants through April to October.
- We sold out all 27 Mini Tennis Camp dates through the key school holidays in 2018 as 141 different players attending. Our Teen Masterclass holiday sessions were a popular again with both current players and new ones.
- We were involved in the LTA’s Tennis For Kids scheme for the second time this year. Having only planned to run 2 courses, we were overwhelmed with demand so ran 4 and in the process introduced 39 new children to tennis and the Club!
- Hosted a range of successful internal tennis and social events throughout the year, such as our first time running a Quorn Family Tennis Cup event, our Adult Club Championships, Junior Halloween party, quiz nights and Christmas events.
- Recruited 5 new volunteers, a mix of adults for the committee and newly trained Tennis Leaders, to join our 15 core volunteers on our committees and events team.
- Set a Club record of 112 attendees to our Great British Tennis Weekend open day in May, only to smash this 6 weeks later at our annual Wimbledon Open Day as 202 people visited CTC!
- Our schools programme reached a total of 1967 pupils across primary and secondary schools through PE lessons and Club visits. This also includes the launch of our new Wimbledon Roadshow which took tennis to 842 pupils in years 3 to 6 at 4 local primary schools. It also includes a record 239 entries into the primary school competitions and 16 in our new secondary school competition.
- Assisted Y Gwyndy, Blackwood Comprehensive and Idris Davies 3-18 School with their School of Tennis projects, which included the training of 43 new Tennis Leaders to lead their own tennis activities as they further tennis opportunities within their schools.
- Explored and introduced new ideas/schemes to better the user experience at the Club, whether through continual work to improve our facilities and grounds, evolving the administrative side of membership renewals/joining and growing our online presence.
- Extended our close working partnerships with both Sport Caerphilly and Tennis Wales, at various events and projects throughout the year.
If you want to be a part of our ever growing and evolving Club, whether as a player or even a volunteer, take a look through the website and if you have any questions get in touch. And don’t forget to head to CTC’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date.